Monday, March 3, 2008

Athlete of Week - Jason Santucci

Jason earns the honors this week with his impressive 5K over the weekend where he ran 14:35.9 at the Armory Fast Track Invite. This was a new PR for him and it ranks him well ahead of everyone else on the 2008 Top Performance List. That's saying a lot considering that he's lost almost 50 lbs over the past two years to get back into racing shape. He made the transformation with the help of consistant 100+ mile weeks (with only one day off in 8 months) and the 5 for 5 special at Arby's. His high mileage and hard work will pay off when he starts to take on the marathon in the next couple of years, chasing after the "B" Standard.

Not only is his running at the highest level it's been at but his Guitar Hero skills have also taken a jump as he's moved up to Expert and has really started to train like a legend! The countless hours that he's put into that are almost as impressive as his running credentials. We here at RunTheArb would like to wish Jason good luck with his running over the next couple of months going into outdoor and also on beating "Pyschobilly Freakout" on Expert. I hate to be a doubter but you have no chance.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey,

Thanks for making me Athlete of the Week. That's awesome. Just two things I noticed in the write-up: First, I have already beaten Psychobilly Freakout on expert with a little help from well-timed star power. I only have Cowboys from Hell left to conquer. Second, I'll be going after the only standard of 2:19:00 in the marathon. USATF got rid of the 2:22:00 B standard and lowered the A standard from 2:20:00 to 2:19:00. Bummer. I guess I'll just have to run 200 mile a week instead. Thanks again.

Jason

Anonymous said...

isn't Cowboys from Hell on part 1? and Psychobilly Freakout on Part two?

Anonymous said...

You are most definitely correct. On GH I I still have to beat Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon on expert. On GH II I'm done on expert. GH Encore is also done on expert. GH III is another story. I have beaten the first 6 sets on expert, but I am still trying to beat Raining Blood on hard. If you have any advice, that would be great. It has been taking me about one whole day's worth of playing(3-5 hours)to knock out each song in the last set or two on expert. However, I have only been playing since November, but I think I am near the maximum that my fingers and brain can play. I love the game, but I sometimes wish I had never played it.

-Jason

Anonymous said...

Megan 8:48 3k at worlds, it don't matter. WVU DMR 4th at NCAA's and new school record, no big deal. Marie-Louise 7th in the 3k at the same meet, not bad. All the other big-time performances the last two weeks, you'll have to wait, too. Looks like I'll be "Athlete of Week" indefinitely. Righteous.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how many people will actually get to see this, but since the front hasn't been updated in a while I am making a new Athlete of the Week. This week's Athlete of the Week is...ERIC COOPER from WVWC! Eric has had a great year and his success continued this past weekend at the Wake Forest meet in North Carolina where he ran a 14:58 5k. Great job Eric! After a meet at WVU this indoor season Eric told me he wanted to run a 5k at 70 seconds per lap this year and it looks like he is well on his way to doing it. Good luck in the rest of outdoors.